National Association for Blind
We work towards ensuring a life free from inequality and discrimination for every blind individual in the state of U.P.
LET BLINDNESS NO LONGER BE A DISABILITY,
Which limits a person to aspire,to reach his/her true potential and to be both financially & emotionally independent.
"THE MAN BEHIND THE MISSION"
Shri Satya Kumar Singh
Founder & General Secretary -NAB U.P
1-High School, Secondary Education Council, Uttar Pradesh Year-1977
Subject: English, Hindi, Civics, Sanskrit, Music
2- Intermediate-Lucknow Secondary Education Council Allahabad Uttar Pradesh Year 1979
Subject: – English, Hindi, History, Psychology, Civics, Category-II .
3- Bachelor of Arts – Lucknow Christian College Lucknow
1982 – Political Science, History (Optional subjects) – English Category III.
4-Master of Arts- Sociology Lucknow University 1984.
5-Master of Arts –Political Science – Lucknow University 1986
- Secretary General (National Federation of the blind U.P) from the year 1979-1982.
2. National General Secretary (National federation of the Blind, India) year-1982-1987.
- President, National Federation of the Blind UP year 1987-2008.
- President, Manav Akanksha Sanstha year 1990-2008.
- General Secretary, National Association of the visually handicapped, year 1993- till date.
- Managing Director, AIM, year 2001-2008.
- Economic Advisor, FIAN India, 2003-2008.
- Honorary Secretary General, National Association for the Blind India (Mumbai) (2015- till date).
- Representative of India at Asian Blind Union (ABU) and World Blind Union(WBU) (2015-till date).
- Trustee, Tata Agriculture and Rural Training Centre, Vapi, Gujrat. (2015- till date)
- Member, Grant in aid committee, U.P Government
- Agitation and movements against the government were organized in the leadership of Sri Satya Kumar with the demand of employment, education and rehabilitation of visually impaired persons and consequently the U.P state government was bound to make appointments of more than 200 visually impaired persons during the period of 1980-1982.
- In the year 1984-85, appointments of visually impaired persons were given by the central government in government departments as well as public sector undertakings as a result of the demands raised and representations made by visually impaired persons.
- In 1987-89, several demands of visually impaired persons were accepted by the U.P state government regarding education, employment and rehabilitation of visually impaired persons and a cabinet decision consequently.
- Even after the passing of the cabinet decision, implementation of the policies was ineffective, therefore a Public Interest Litigation was filed before the Allahabad High Court, Lucknow Bench, and the Hon’ble Court was pleased to direct the state government to make provisions for education, rehabilitation and employment of visually impaired persons and consequently 251 visually impaired persons were appointed in government services during the period of 1990-1998 due to the orders of the hon’ble court.
- Visually impaired persons were not allowed scribe (writer) in competitive exams conducted by U.P Public service commission. In the year 1997 Sri. Satya Kumar singh himself registered for the exam and filed a writ petition before the Allahabad High Court and the hon’ble court directed Public Service Commission to allow scribes for visually impaired candidates for writing there exams. Though Sri Singh wasn’t selected in the Provincial Civil Services, but his efforts helped hundreds of disabled candidates in becoming PCS and IAS officers.
- During the period of 2003-09 a number of important decisions were taken by the U.P government regarding setting up of educational institutions for the visually impaired students. A dedicated university for persons with disabilities was also established in 2008 due to the constant efforts made by Sri Singh
"दृष्टिबाधितों को समाज की दया नहीं, सहयोग चाहिये"
~Shri Satya Kumar Singh
Here is the glimpse of festive products handcrafted by NAB's blind prodigies
DIWALI & CHRISTMAS MELA
List of commodities exhibitioned
So this festive season light your houses with NAB's blind individuals handmade commodities and spread light not just in your houses but in their lives as well.
Because their lives doesn't lights up with these products
but can sparkle ablaze with your slightest efforts
"Being blind is not a matter of choice but being kind is"
Daily essentials were timely delivered on door to the vulnerable blind families by NAB TEAM every now and then to ensure the goodwill of blind individuals even in this deletrious worldwide pandemic conditions.
11 december,2020 a picnic was organised to the Lucknow Zoo by the NAB team to revitalise and fortify our differently abled children adding to their knowledge and experiences of life.
15 october on the auspicious occasion of “WHITE CANE DAY” scholarship distribution by NAB to the underpriviledged blind women honoured by the REGISTRAR of esteemed DR.SHAKUNTALA VISHWA VIDHYALAYA.